Monday, October 3, 2011

Superhero Syndrome Revisited

It's been my contention for a few years now, that control of the profession is already out of individual pharmacists hands. Once we opened the door and let third-party payors dictate our destiny, we lost any chance for control of our future. As long as they control the money, they control our actions.

But, there are still many naive pharmacists who mistakenly believe we actually have the power and capability to change things, and control our own professional destiny.

They continue to forge-on without seeing what's down the road. They continue to allow themselves to be pushed beyond their limits in order to be considered assets, but fail to realize they will always be considered liabilities no matter how highly they think of themselves. They just haven't yet figured out that in corporate America, it's always going to be about the money, not the profession.

As I've written previously, I refer to this naivety as superhero syndrome.

But, I don't say these things in order to be mean-spirited or hateful. I say them because my personal experiences and intuition tell me that it's the truth. I don't consider these pharmacists to be "bad" people, just brainwashed by the colleges, the pharmacy organizations, and misguided in their herd mentality behaviors.

But, just as I have my own opinions, these superhero pharmacists have their own opinions about me.

Some of my superhero colleagues mistakenly think I have some vengeful motive behind my views and opinions, that perhaps I'm just disgruntled. They don't see the writing on the wall and just want me to "behave", to become assimilated, to "comply", and to "obey" their corporate masters like they do.

These pharmacists are actually nice people who really don't wish me any harm, but see me as being the misguided one in my beliefs. Some may even believe that because I live in Phoenix, forced to live in constant air-conditioning, the heat has finally taken it's toll on my brain.

But, don't take my word for it. See for yourself.

1 comment:

  1. avana 100 mg is used to treat erectile dysfunction. Avanafil is in a class of prescriptions called phosphodiesterase inhibitors. It works by expanding the bloodstream to the penis during sexual stimulation. This expanded bloodstream can cause an erection.

    ReplyDelete