Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Pharmacy Chain Gang

When I first graduated pharmacy school I went for work for one of the chain gangs. I'm pretty sure that most pharmacists will agree, that once you work for the chains for any length of time, it's almost impossible to ever escape. I was lucky to escape and become a hospital pharmacist. Doing time in a hospital pharmacy is much more tolerable (for now).

But, it wasn't easy, the chains are always looking to get you back. And if you do ever manage to escape, the memories of your treatment while working for a chain gang always haunts you. As a matter of fact, that's why many experienced pharmacists remain floaters or work only part-time.

For the skeptical, here's a trailer of my personal life during my early years in the profession -



and here's a trailer of my personal life now -

1 comment:

  1. "I was just wiping the sweat off my face." Too funny, but with a hint of truth.

    ReplyDelete